What kind of personal data do we collect?
The following information is collected automatically when you are using our ADSweeper add-on and our websites:
- Subscription downloads, emergency notifications, as well as extension updates. We regularly check our services for all types of errors and bugs, but if you find something, you can always use our Issue Reporter feature to notify us;
- ADSweeper doesn’t collect data if you are using Android version of our app;
- If you are using ADSweeper on iOS platform, be prepared that the following information will be collected automatically: report data, bundle version, bundle identifier, version of your operating system, signal data, pointer register, method or function names;
- IP address, web address, web-browser, aggregated analytics data.
There are also types of information that we collect voluntary, such as: email address that you used during the registration, forum registration, as well as any personal data that you might give us at your own will.
How do we collect your personal data?
We do it in a few ways:
- Every time you are browsing through our websites, there is a small data created on your hard drive. These types of files are also known as “cookies”. Their main goal is to identify the user and display the web-pages. Accepting cookies is not a must, but it helps you see a lot more information;
- Whenever you are using our products, we use subscription downloads, update checks, and emergency notification checks to safely store your data. We also send issue reports.
Why do we process your personal data?
- The main reason why we collect your personal data is to improve our services in the future. To make our app even safer and our products even better. All of this is done for you;
- To message you about new features and any errors that may occur with our services;
- To make sure that none of your personal information gets leaked;
- To be able to communicate with you;
- For payment processing purposes;
- To follow the law.
What is the legal basis of data processing?
All of your personal data is collected and used only in accordance with the provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation, German national data protection laws, and the applicable EU Laws.
How long do we keep your data?
In most of the cases we don’t keep it longer than 30 days. However, you have to be aware, that analytics data can be stored for a longer period.
Our main goal
Most of all we care about providing our users with quality content, as well as keeping them safe and satisfied.
What rights do you have?
- You have the right to inform is if some of the information that you provided us isn’t accurate;
- You have the right to deny us processing of your personal data;
- You have the right to study all of the personal information that we gather from you and always have access to it;
- You have the right to ask for a copy of information in a machine-readable form;
- You have the right to inform us if your personal information shouldn’t be kept by us in accordance with the law;
- You have the right to file a complaint if you think that some of our services break the law.